This Little Light of Mine

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stepping out on faith

So tonight I feel a peaceful resolution to just take each step as it comes.  So, I am proceeding with plans to be go to Port au Prince for at least a few days at the end of the month.  Aside from getting to be with Melissa, several side "missions" have evolved for this trip.  I'll be able to transport short/skorts for the orphanage striving to open their new Christian school.  The Lord will also be able to use my travel to provide for the needs of 2 boys at another orphanage to assist in getting them prepare for going to school.  Yeah!  This trip with its financial and personal costs will be used for many and for that I am thankful in the one who loves me more than any.

Melissa's paperwork is still unsettled.  Please continue to pray that this will be accomplished so that she may proceed with her medical care.  Also, if you feel moved to help, any donations toward the uniforms for the school would be greatly appreciated. 

Taking a step away from the usual theme here, I'd like to share an incredible story of love and loss.  Let me share a story about Gabrielle.  Gabrielle is a beautiful 3 yo little girl who lives in Port au Prince.  She and her twin sister have been assisted by another local Haitian assistance agency H.E.R.O. (Haitian Emergency Relief Organization). 

Their father has been their primary caregiver their whole lives.  On January 12th, Gabrielle's twin sister was killed in the earthquake.  Then, this summer, we learned of the untimely death of her father now leaving her with no one.  H.E.R.O. is currently working toward helping her in her immediate needs.  They are trying to raise around $500 to pay for her to go to pre-school and her other essentials.  If you can help, please message me.  I'll update on her soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages