This Little Light of Mine

Friday, October 29, 2010

On My Way!

So, the day is here.  Surely never imagined that I'd be headed back so soon but that is how this whole life changing mission has been.  "Expect the unexpected" and "Think Big!"  Here I am 10 months after being called to Haiti and now going to see our daughter-to-be to prayerfully be with her for heart surgeon in another country.  WOW!!!  Once again, prayer and grace managed to get overloaded baggages through fees.  This time saving over $100 of charges by all rights I should've paid.  Now, that money can pay for supplies, water or any number of life neccesities when I get to Haiti. 
 
I will admit that I am exhausted underneath the overwhelming emotions of this morning.  (Don't worry Mom, I am okay though and will rest on the plane and layovers.)  No matter how hard I try I never get to bed until way late when I travel.  Trying to pack a van load of stuff in 2 checked bags and carryon is comical.  It broke my heart to have to make decisions on certain things not to take.  (I don't need soap, right?)  I have packed over a hundred uniform shorts/skorts for the Children of Hope orphanage school, 2 backpacks full of clothes and necessities for 2 children at a different orphanage (Haiti Christian Orphanage), formula, diapers, food, meds and stuff for the Roberts family (missionaries I work with).  What didn't go, will go next trip and I suspect that'll be sooner than I could probably guess. 
 
A very dear and sweet friend Anna Nuessle graciously picked me up at 4 AM to take me to the airport so Jack wouldn't have to drag all 3 kids to the airport.  That would've been UGLY!    This ride was a huge gift to me and I'm so thankful to her!  Then, another friend left me a perfect note of encouragement.  I feel so full of love and peace.  Can't believe how awesomely I am blessed.  Thank you God! 
 
So as I was waiting this morning and reading my devotional, this is the scripture for the day:
 
22The Lord said to Moses, 23“Tell Aaron and his sons, ‘This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them: “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”’

The devotion reminded me that when Christ shines on us, we in return shine that light.  So here I go...This little light of mine.  I'm gonna let it shine....


 
Chris Rice - Go Light Your World
Found at bee mp3 search engine

1 comment:

  1. Your words encourage me Jenny. God uses your frustrations and disappointments as an example to the rest of us to respond with grace and trust - regardless of the situation we find ourselves in.

    Thanks, and know we are praying for you always.
    Godspeed, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete

Pages