This Little Light of Mine

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sacrificial Giving

Continuing in the effort to fill in the events of the last 4 months building to my trip this upcoming week, let me tell you a story about God's provisional mercy.  My Mom called me a few weeks after the Earthquake and told me that the church I grew up in and still visit on trips home to Chattanooga gathered donations and will be sending them to our group for Haiti.  She mentioned that, "they collected around $200 or so..."

Well, this was another lesson in Don't Limit God.  I thankfully opened the LVPC (Lookout Valley Presbyterian Church) envelop when it came and had to close my eyes and blink a few times at the check...it was a little bit more than Mom had said.  No, it was A LOT more!  Just a few dollars shy of $1,500!!!!  Wow!  My little home church of 80-100 people in a blue collar community opened their hearts and pockets.  This was likely sacrificial giving for some.  I still can't believe how God can take us so far beyond what we even imagined IF it is for HIS glory.  It was as if he said, "Come on.  Think B..I..G..G..E..R if you are going to be MY hands and feet." ;)

Now one might think that an offering of this magnitude would've depleted charitable donations for the church.  That's what you get for thinking small again.  I received ANOTHER check a few weeks ago for around $450.  Loaves and fishes...loaves and fishes...we will feed the masses with these loaves and fishes.

Thank you so much LVPC!  Your donations are going to help so many.  Thank you for once again teaching me about God's love as you have for these many (many) years!  I love you!


1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to follow your journey! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Kristen

    ReplyDelete

Pages