But no...you aren't done yet. Tell the lucky contestants what they win Johnny...
You win another round of stamps and fees at the Haitian Consulate.
Woo hoo! I know you are jealous.
We had a panic moment when we got to translation. The most popular translator was "booked" until mid July. This led to yet another "oh crap" moment, panic and then faithfulness in the Lord. We were led to another tranlator who cost us a little more than the first but she was so compassionate to our case. She had adopted from Haiti herself several years ago. Isabelle completed our stuff in 3 days which was incredible. I'm so thankful.
We finally also received a letter of medical need as well to include in the Dossier. So, if all goes well, I will be headed down to Port-au-Prince in the next 2 wks to take it all and prayerfully meet with the lawyer.
Work is going to be a challenge to reschedule on short notice but I am faithful that the Lord will somehow work out that detail. With the months of work to get this far, you'd think that we were close. Wished that was the case but we now have to circumnavigate the Haitian side next.
There has been a lot of stress with the uncertainty of certain changes being proposed for the adoption system in Haiti. I suspect in time they may be good changes, but if they are implemented before our case is established in the Haitian courts, there is a chance we'd have to start over.
At some point, I do want to post some about the last trip down with the team. It was a God led group and was a real blessing. My time with Melissa was precious. It really clicked this time. She and I bonded deeper than we had to date. It was good but made things even more emotional and harder for me. There was so much I wanted for her and so little I could do. I am completely dependent on others for her daily care. So, without going into details of my crazy mind, it was hard...very hard.
While we were there, Melissa developed some diarrhea which made for some creative "Code Brown" moments as we jaunted about Port-au-Prince. At one point, I found myself in a hallway of clinic waiting for her ECHO and the ECHO of 2 other children as she proceeded to
pollute fill her diaper. Noting an empty small table, we pitted there and made a quick change of the situation. It must have been quite a show for the 10 or so Haitians waiting in the hallway to see the doctor.
It was a good week over all to learn about this sweet child who the Lord has blessed us with. Little things like how she enjoys having her feet rubbed. She just melts when you rub those tiny feet. Her amazing interest in her surroundings. How she still sleeps a lot likely due to her heart issues. It is so hard to get so close only to have to leave ... AGAIN ...
I won't delve into the pain of leaving her this trip and the subsequent melt down and "beheading" of a Chadasha board member who was anxious for us to leave for the airport that last day. I'll share that for another post and apology.
What I will boldly ask for this post is PRAYER!
Unceasing, pleading PRAYER!
We are still so close and yet so far away. Please pray for the rapid return of documents from the consulate. Pray for the means to carry the Dossier down this month. Pray for the focus and spirit to move our Haitian advocates to process our stuff in a timely and organzied fashion. Pray for Melissa's health to continue to remain stable. Pray for peace in my spirit to know she is wrapped in the love of our Father who loves her even more than I do.
To keep the post on a happy note, here is a video clip from one night while we were decompressing from the day. Miss 'Lissa cracks me up...